Download the Application Here or pick one up at the Training Center.
The Front office will not make photocopies - please come prepared.
- Apply between March 1 and May 22, 2018 9-4PM. (closed 12-1pm for lunch)
- Submit the Pre-APP Program Application (form 001) and documentation showing that the Program Requirements as listed above are met
- We only accept applications during the application opening
- Interview with Pre-APP staff or Trianing Director by scheduled appointment (we will contact you to set this up). We will notify you of your application statusby June 25th
- July 9, 2018 8AM Start Date
Acceptance into the Pre-Apprenticeship Program will be determined by several factors:
- Applicant’s communication skills
- Application materials, including educational obtainment, letters of recommendation, and work history
IF ACCEPTED: The NECA-IBEW Electrical Training Center and employers require substance abuse test and background check. Marijuana use is not permitted in our industry.
Dependable transportation is a must for training and employment in the electrical industry. An electrical worker is responsible for reporting to his/her job site, which might be more than 50 miles away, often by 7:00 am. Public transportation is almost never adequate. Given the hours and location of the pre-apprenticeship program’s related classroom instruction and on-the-job training, public transportation may fail to get you to and from home to job site, to class and back home.
Geographical area covered: Clatsop, Clackamas, Columbia, Hood River, Multnomah, Sherman, Tillamook, Wasco, Washington Counties, Yamhill County North of Section Line T45, State of Oregon. Clark, Cowlitz, Klickitat, Skamania and Wahkaikum Counties, Washington.